Updated December 16, 2023
- Personal and other information we collect about you;
- How we use your information;
- How we may share your information with third parties; and
- Your choices regarding the personal information we collect about you.
Accessing/Updating/Deleting Your Personal Information
If you would like to delete, update/correct, or access the Personal Information we have collected from you, and/or deactivate or delete your D3 account, you may request that we do so by sending an email to [email protected]. Additionally, if you are a resident of the European Union, United Kingdom (UK) or California, your Personal Information is subject to the GDPR (or the UK version of the GDPR) or CCPA, you may have certain additional rights. Please see our “GDPR Notice” and “Notice to California Residents” below for more information.
2. Collection Of Your Personal And Other Information
When you register for, or use the D3 Platform, we collect Personal Information. By “Personal Information” we mean information that can identify an individual, such as:
- Email address
- Blockchain Addresses
- Your Internet Protocol (IP address)
- Discord username
- Credit Card Information
- KYC Information
- And any other information that you explicitly provide to D3
You may choose not to provide Personal Information, but this may prevent you from receiving certain features of the D3 Platform. We may also collect non-Personal Information relating to the D3 Platform, that is, information that does not personally identify an individual. The non-Personal Information we may collect includes how you interact with the D3 Platform, information generally collected or “logged” by Internet websites or Internet services when accessed or used by users, and information about your web browser or device accessing or using the D3 Platform. Examples of the non-Personal Information we may collect are:
- Information about your computer or mobile device, such as its maker or operating system version, and HTTP header information;
- The pages of Our website that you viewed during a visit;
- What information, or content you view or interact with using the D3 Platform; and
- The city, state, province and country in which you are located.
D3 follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this as a part of hosting services' analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the D3 Platform, tracking users' movement on the D3 Platform, and gathering demographic information.
3. Use of Your Information
We may use the information we collect to:
- Assist Us in providing, maintaining, and protecting the D3 Platform;
- Set up, maintain, and protect accounts to use the D3 Platform;
- Improve Our online operations;
- Process transactions;
- Provide customer service;
- Communicate with you, such as provide you with account, transaction-related or marketing communications, or other newsletters, and/or other communications relating to the D3 Platform and/or informative communications relating to functionalities, products or services, including security updates and information security, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation;
- Send or display offers and other content that is customized to your interests or preferences;
- Perform research and analysis aimed at improving Our products and services and developing new products or services;
- Manage and maintain the systems that provide the D3 Platform; Detect, investigate and prevent activities that conflict with applicable terms of service, could be fraudulent or violate copyright or other rules, or that may be otherwise illegal;
- Comply with legal requirements and defend or exercise legal claims; Respond to law enforcement or governmental investigations or requests; or Protect our rights and the rights and safety of our users and others;
4. Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties as described below. We may disclose Personal Information to provide services to you, or when you authorize or instruct Us to do so.
We may disclose Personal Information and non-Personal Information to those companies, agents, contractors, service providers, or others engaged to perform functions on Our behalf (such as provision of data storage, hosting of Our website, conducting audits, and performing web analytics).
We may license third party software to include in or use with the D3 Platform, in which case such third party licensor may have access to your Personal Information and/or Non-Personal Information in order to provide you with use of and access to the D3 Platform. These third parties’ collection and use of Personal Information and non-Personal Information are subject to their own privacy policies, which you can read here:
We may also disclose Personal Information to other third parties upon your consent to such disclosures.
In addition, we may disclose your Personal Information to third parties when we believe, in good faith and in Our sole discretion, that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) enforce or apply the terms and conditions of the D3 Platform, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (b) comply with legal or regulatory requirements or an enforceable governmental request, (c) protect the rights, property or safety of D3 Platform, Our users or other third parties, (d) prevent a crime or protect national security, or (e) detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
Finally, we reserve the right to transfer information (including your Personal Information) to a third party in the event of a sale, merger, or transfer of all or a portion of the assets of Our company or the D3 Platform, or in the event of a bankruptcy, liquidation, or receivership of Our business. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify you of such transfer, for example via email or by posting notice on Our website.
Lastly, we may also disclose non-Personal Information, aggregated with information about Our other users, to Our business partners, merchants, investors, potential buyers and other third parties if we deem such disclosure, in Our sole discretion, to have sound business reasons or justifications.
5. Cookies and Automatic Information Gathering Technologies
Every time you use the D3 Platform we collect non-Personal Information (discussed above in Section 2) regarding that use. For example, to improve the D3 Platform, we collect how, when, and which parts of the D3 Platform or its features you use, and which third-party platforms you connect to the D3 Platform. Also, we may use your device’s unique identifier (UDID), media access control address (MAC Address), or other unique identifiers to assist Us in collecting and analyzing this data.
To assist Us in collecting and storing this non-Personal Information, we may employ a variety of technologies, including “Cookies,” local browser storage, and “Web Beacons.”
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of D3. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to stay logged in as you scroll through D3 and view D3 search results.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies are used for internal analytics and include cookies from providers like Google Analytics. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our application. This helps us to improve the way our services work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our application. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our application, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our application and the advertising displayed on it, and the marketing messages we send to you more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties who provide services to us for this purpose.
- Third party cookies. Please be aware that advertisers and other third parties may use their own cookies tags when you click on an advertisement or link on our application. These third parties are responsible for setting out their own cookie and privacy policies.
6. Transparency and Choice
You may request access to your Personal Information by sending an email to [email protected]. We will try to locate and provide you with your Personal Information and give you the opportunity to correct this data, if it is inaccurate, or to delete it, at your request; provided, that, we may retain certain Personal Information for longer periods if required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information collected as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Notwithstanding the above, we cannot edit or delete any information that is stored on a blockchain, for example the Ethereum blockchain, as we do not have custody or control over any blockchains. The information stored on the blockchain may include purchases, sales, and transfers related to your blockchain address and digital assets held at that address.
We may ask individual users for information to verify their identity and the information requested to be accessed, corrected, or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests if we cannot verify your identity or if the request is unreasonably repetitive or systematic, requires disproportionate technical effort, jeopardizes the privacy of others, would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backups), or relates to information that is not associated with your Personal Information. In any case, where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
Please be aware that if you request Us to delete your Personal Information, you may not be able to continue to use the D3 Platform. Also, even if you request that we delete your Personal Information, we may need to retain certain information for a limited period of time to satisfy Our legal, audit and/or dispute resolution requirements.
You can opt out of receiving marketing e-mails from Us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the e-mails. Please note that it may take up to ten (10) business days for your opt-out request to be processed. Also, even if you opt out of marketing e-mails, we may continue to send you certain account-related e-mails, such as notices about your account and confirmations of transactions you have requested.
The D3 Platform is not intended for users under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from users under 13 years of age. We do not authorize users under 13 years of age to use the D3 Platform. If you are under 13, do not (i) access or use the D3 Platform or provide any information to the D3 Platform or (ii) provide any information about yourself to Us. By accessing or using the D3 Platform, you confirm that you are at least 13 years old. If you believe that We might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact Us at [email protected].
8. Information Security
We utilize reasonable information security measures designed to safeguard your Personal Information against unauthorized access, modification, or destruction. However, no data transmission over the Internet and no method of data storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its security.
Within D3, we restrict access to Personal Information to Our employees, contractors, and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop, improve or support the D3 Platform. If we share Personal Information with service providers, we require that they also use reasonable information security measures to safeguard your Personal Information and only use your Personal Information for the purposes for which we share it with them.
9. California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits Our users who are California residents to request and obtain from Us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to Us using the contact information provided below.
10. Additional Privacy Rights
You may request, up to two (2) times per year: (1) the categories and specific pieces of data that D3 has collected from you; (2) the categories of sources from which your data was collected; (3) the categories of third parties to which your data has been disclosed or sold; and (4) the purposes for which the information was disclosed or sold. If you would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to Us using the contact information provided below. D3 reserves the right to evaluate and, at its discretion, fulfill or deny each request.
11. Third Party Websites
Please note that the D3 Platform may link or integrate with third-party sites, services or apps. We are not responsible for the privacy or security policies or practices or the content of such third parties. Accordingly, we encourage you to review the privacy and security policies and terms of service of those third parties so that you understand how those websites collect, use, share and protect your information.
12. Changes to this Policy
304 S. Jones Blvd #1115
Las Vegas, NV 89107
Email: [email protected]
The terms of this “GDPR Notice” and rights granted hereunder apply solely to individuals located in the European Economic Area, Switzerland or the United Kingdom. For purposes of this “GDPR Notice”, D3 is the controller and responsible for your Personal Information.
The controller of the Personal Information collected through the D3 Platform is:
D3 Global Inc
304 S. Jones Blvd #1115
Las Vegas, NV 89107
Under the European Union General Data Protection Regulation and the UK Data Protection Act 2018 (collectively, the “GDPR”), you have the below rights regarding your Personal Information, and you may ask Us to take the following actions in relation to your Personal Information that we hold:
- Access. You have the right to access your Personal Information and confirm if we are processing it and the purposes of the processing.
- Correct. You have the right to update or correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information.
- DeleteYou have the right to ask Us to delete your Personal Information, which may be exercised, among other reasons, (i) when your Personal Information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed; (ii) when you withdraw consent from the purposes for which We processed it and where We have no other legal ground for processing; (iii) when you object to processing and We have no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing; or (iv) when your Personal Information has been unlawfully processed.
- Restrict. You have the right to restrict the processing of your Personal Information, including where the processing is unlawful or when the accuracy of your Personal Information is contested.
- Data Portability. You have the right to data portability of your Personal Information, where technically feasible, including the right to transfer a machine-readable copy of your Personal Information to you or a third party of your choice.
- Object. You have the right to object to Our processing of your Personal Information, including processing for direct marketing purposes, and Our reliance on Our legitimate interests as the basis of Our processing of your Personal Information.
- Opt-out. You have the right to opt-out of receiving direct marketing communications which you have previously consented to receive. However, We may continue to send you D3 Platform-related and other non-marketing communications.
If you wish to exercise your rights under the GDPR, please contact us by using the address provided in Section 1 above, specify your request, and reference the applicable law. Please include a detailed description of the right that you are exercising and the action that you are requesting that We take. We may ask you to verify your identity, ask for more information about your request or request specific information from you to help Us to confirm your identity. We will consider and act upon any above request in accordance with applicable law. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights. If We decline your request, We will provide an explanation, subject to legal restrictions.
If you are located in the UK, you can lodge a complaint with the ICO:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
If you are located in the EU, you can lodge a complaint with the European Data Protection Supervisor:
Rue Wiertz 60
Office: Rue Montoyer 30, 6th floor
1047 Bruxelles - Brussel
Tel. +32 2 283 19 00
Fax +32 2 283 19 50
Email: [email protected]
Notwithstanding the above, we cannot edit or delete any information that is stored on a blockchain, for example the Ethereum blockchain, as we do not have custody or control over any blockchains. The information stored on the blockchain may include purchases, sales, and transfers related to your blockchain address and Digital assets held at that address.
To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Information, We consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which We process your Personal Information and whether We can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.